Sunday, April 19, 2009

Burning Calories While Having Fun

Burning Calories doesn't have to be a drag.

I have never joined a traditional gym because I think running to no where on a treadmill or riding on a stationary bike without the benefit of beautiful scenery, is the epitome of boring. I especially don't like being indoors when the weather is nice. Instead I have figured out the activities that I enjoy that also burn calories.

1. I dance in front of the mirror with my four year old daughter. My daughter has energy for days so she motivates me to keep on dancing.

2. I walk with a friend or with my husband. You'll be surprised at how far you can walk when you are engrossed in some good conversation.

3. I ride my bike with my kids and take in the sights of the neighborhood.

4. I play racquetball when my friend invites me to her racquetball club.

5. I work at improving my lawn and my garden.

6. I take the kids for a swim.

7. I play catch and tag with my kids in the yard.

Don't set yourself up for failure by getting a gym membership that you aren't going to use. Assess your personality and then decide if the gym is right for you. If the gym is right for you, consider a YMCA that offers more than just exercise equipment. Find one with a pool, dance classes and an assortment of family activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment