Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Personal Tricks and Tips

This is not a "How To Lose Weight" list. It is simply a list of the different things that have worked for me over the years.

1.The first weight loss method I ever used as an adult was counting calories. This method worked very well for me because it was a very simple formula: I ate 1200 calories a day for 11 days and lost 5 lbs. It required a short commitment and the results were accurate.

2. I personally can never lose weight by exercising alone. I must control my food intake or I will not get any results. I can actually lose weight with out exercising at all but I will not have the benefit of a more toned body.

3. I must eat breakfast in order to lose weight. Skipping meals has never worked for me.

4. I have lost weight by eating the same amount of food that I usually would but always substituting water for any juices, drinks or sodas that I would have had with my meals.

5. I usually do fifty to seventy crunches every other day.

6. Walking with a friend or while listening to music helps keep the weight off. I am not a power walker, I am talking about regular walking.

7. When my family wants fast food, I usually order a chicken sandwich with a salad and low calorie dressing, then I bum a couple of fries off of each kid.

8. I still use steps but now it's in my two story home, when my four year old is occupied, otherwise she will attempt to follow me up and down and kill my rhythm.

9. When I eat at a buffet nowadays, I eat half as much as I normally would at one time so that I can go back again for seconds and not feel deprived.

10. I snack on carrot sticks.

11. I keep fruits and vegetables in the house.

12. I drink lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment